Basic Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Gage Lasagna Dinner Mix Kit
- 2.5 lbs Cooked and Drained Ground Beef
- 2.5 qts Boiling Water (2.8 qts Kettle Method)
- 25 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 lbs Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Basic Recipe Directions:
- In a full size steam table pan combine ground beef, tomato paste, and pasta and seasoning mix from the kit.
- Carefully add the boiling water and stir to mix.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake in a preheated 425¦ oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and gently stir. Then evenly sprinkle the cheese over the top and return to the oven for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
STOVE TOP OR KETTLE METHOD:
- In a large kettle, combine the cooked ground beef, tomato paste, 2.8 quarts water, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in seasoning mix and pasta from the kit.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until pasta reaches desired tenderness. Stir gently once or twice to prevent sticking.
- Top with cheese.
Yield: 35~3/4 cup (6 oz) servings
Packaged Serving (grams): 21 g
Finished Serving (Volume): 3/4 cup
Finished Serving (oz): 6 oz
Recipe Yield (per Can): 35
Case Yield: 210
Whole Wheat Lasagna Macaroni [whole durum flour, egg white solids, Water], Tomato Powder, Salt, Sugar, Bread Crumbs, Modified Food Starch, Dextrose, Spices, Citric Acid, Dehydrated Garlic, Whey, Beet Powder, Enriched Flour, Dehydrated Onion, Natural Flavor, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Tricalcium Phospohate, and Parsley